Hope you enjoy the hairstyles and beauty tips posted in this blog. I'm cool with you re-posting images or text posted here as long as you put a link back to the blog. Please do not sell images or text posted here. I have spent many hours scanning these articles because I believe these things should be free!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

The "Hairbow"

In my previous post I linked to a bunch of hairstyles from the New York Public Library's Digital Galleries. I decided to do a separate post on the one below because it reminded me of a style I've seen recently in a photo of Lady Gaga. Behold, the "hairbow": 

New style for dressing the hair, with details. (1870)
New style for dressing the hai... Digital ID: 825046. New York Public Library

3 comments:

Darla: Retro Ways said...

What a great find thank you for creating such an awesome blog. Much love.

xoxo Darla

Ricki said...

Thanks Darla!

Ricki said...

Here's another version:
http://community.livejournal.com/vintage_ads/1665106.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails