Hope you enjoy the hairstyles and beauty tips posted in this blog. I'm cool with you re-posting images or text posted here as long as you put a link back to the blog. Please do not sell images or text posted here. I have spent many hours scanning these articles because I believe these things should be free!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Story of Cosmetics

This video is interesting, but here's the line that makes it relevant: "They're just caught up in a 1950's mindset of better living through chemistry."



From Wikipedia:
The phrase "Better Living Through Chemistry" is a variant of a DuPont advertising slogan, "Better Things for Better Living...Through Chemistry." DuPont adopted it in 1935 and was their slogan until 1982 when the "Through Chemistry" part was dropped.




And, while you're subject to my ramblings, here's a flickr group on 1950s Beauty Products I came across looking while looking at vintage DuPont ads.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails